Knaresborough AUTUMN Festival – Sept 28 & 29
Renaissance Knaresborough (RK) is coordinating a new festival to celebrate all things Knaresborough! This year the dates will coincide with the final weekend of the UCI World Cycling Championships, so there will be lots of visitors around to discover our lovely town. The festival will feature local groups, schools, and local talent and has 3 themes – Heritage, Nature and Wellbeing and Sustainability.
Events already confirmed are, subject to last minute amendment:
- Concert at St Johns Church (6pm Sunday)
- Henshaws Concert (Sat eve) with Rory Hoy and others
- Medieval Feast (3pm Sat St Marys Church Rooms)
- Market Place: Big Screen, all day Saturday and Sunday, with showings of brand new footage of our Town, and live interviews with locals and visitors throughout both days. Giving you also a grandstand seat of both the Men’s and Women’s senior events
- Knaresborough Silver Band will emerge at various times with pop-up performances to surprise and please!
- Quiz – Worlds End Pub 8pm Sun
- The Vampire experience – The Castle Grounds Saturday and Sunday
- Walks: Nidd Gorge, possibly Staveley Nature Reserve, and trails around Knaresborough
- Activities on the river, with perhaps a light show as the skies darken
- Stalls and dancing at the Station and in the Castle
- Tai Chi at the Castle and the Stockwell Community Centre
- Food – cooking and eating – at Stockwell Community Centre
- Kids’ bikes – Market Place and Stockwell Community Centre
- Mega Bikes – Waterside
- Bike Doctor: Pedalheads, Castlegate
- Dance display – Castle
- Mummers – Castle or Market – Saturday
- Ancient music – minstrels in various parts of town all weekend
- Football match
- Park Run – Saturday morning at Conyngham Hall
Many events are free – but also, for many you will need to book – either online or at our Al Fresco HQ in the Castle grounds during the two days of the Festival. All this is subject to continuous change. More info 01423 549376.